- Lionel "TK" Kennedy, assistant principal at South Pointe, on receiving his Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from S.C. State University.
- Wally Blankenship, a science teacher at RHHS, on being one of 80 teachers nationwide accepted into the Teachers for Global Classrooms Program. Wally will take an 8-week online course this fall, travel to Washington for a 3-day symposium in Feb., and then travel to his assigned country in the spring.
- Harriet Jaworowski on being selected by Discovery Ed to talk about "RH's Digital Conversion Journey" at an International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) conference on June 29 in Atlanta.
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Ana Frey, ParentSmart Parent Educator has been selected as one of three Parent Educators from across the nation as Parents as Teachers “Parent Educator of the Year”. Ana has been serving families with ParentSmart since 2008. Ana serves a significant number of Spanish speaking clients who have children with special needs. Ana also serves as the interpreter for the medical clinic among here many other responsibilities at ParentSmart and the Family Resource Center.
Congratulations to . . .
Summer Medical Assistance
Many students may need medical care and/or sports physicals over the summer, and some may lack insurance.
A Visual Look at Teacher Grant Outcomes
Family Trust FCU has provided photos of some of their teacher grant projects which were completed this spring. To take a look, go to https://www.familytrust.org/2014/6/2/educational-grants-make-spring-fun.
Upcoming School Board Meetings
June 16 - Public Forum on Proposed Budget 2014-15, 6:00 p.m.
June 23 - Business Meeting, 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Congratulations to . . .
- students from all three high schools who made the S.C. American Choral Directors Assn. Honor Choir:
Rock Hill High - 10 students (Jonathan Hall, director)
South Pointe - 8 students (Eugene Bumgardner, director)
- Sherry East, a teacher at the Phoenix Academy, who was elected vice president of the S. C. Education Association on May 22 for a four-year-term.
- Mark Yost, band director at Northwestern, on receiving a regional touring grant from South Arts in the amount of $4,561 to support the engagement of the Steve Fidyk Parlour Project for public performances in March 2015.
- Lisa Carrigan, program coordinator for career and technology at the Applied Technology Center, who is quoted in a recent Scholastic Magazine article
- June 16-18 at Rock Hill High School
- Ages 5 - rising freshmen
- 9:00 a.m. - noon
- Pre-register = $75
- Walk-up - $100
- Provided by York County Arts Council
- June 9 - July 11
- Ages 6-14
- Week-long, half-day camps
3D Animation & 3D Game Design
- Offered at York Technical College
- June 9-13
- For students currently in grades 8-10
- These camps are a part of a Dept. of Commerce innovation grant awarded to the City of Rock Hill.
Northwestern Junior Trojan Cheerleading
- June 16-18S
- Ages 3 and up
In other news . . .
The Rock Hill Community Theatre will perform Godspell at Winthrop's Johnson Hall June 13-15 and June 20-22. Several of our high school students are in the cast, and the musical will be directed by Jimmy Chrismon, drama teacher at South Pointe. Tickets will be $15 for adults and $12 for students and senior citizens.
Elaine T. Baker
Director of Information Services
Rock Hill Schools
- ▼ June (4)
- ► 2013 (158)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies