Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

Rock Hill High's Asa Watson Chooses North Carolina State

From the Raleigh News & Observer:

TE Watson chooses N.C. State

Asa Watson, a tight end from Rock Hill High in South Carolina, said Monday that N.C. State’s coaching staff articulated some interesting plans for him before he committed to the Wolfpack.

Watson said that includes playing some of what the staff calls a “Tiger” or “H-back” position that would allow him to split out wide and play all over the field as he matures.

"They really did a good job of explaining how they wanted to use me,” Watson said.

Duke and Maryland were the other finalists for Watson, who’s 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds. He said Rock Hill didn’t throw much, but he had about 18 catches for 400 yards with a touchdown as a senior.

His brother, Ben Watson, played at Duke, transferred to Georgia and now plays for the New England Patriots.

“He always told me that no one can make my decision, that I have to make my decision for myself,” Watson said.

1 comment:

Lynn Moody said...

I am excited about Asa's decision to attend NCSU! I plan to attend a game next year and hope to see Asa on the field. He will be a great wolfpack addition and I'm proud of him! Go State!

Blog Archive

Edutopia

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon